Agroecology Europe is looking for a young, motivated Project Assistant for our association in Brussels.
Agroecology Europe is an international non-profit organization created in 2016 in Belgium and counts today some 200 Members, of which NGOs, Universities, students, PhD students and individual persons. It aims to analyse, design, develop and promote the transition towards agroecology-based farming and food systems in Europe and throughout the world. It intends to place agroecology high on the European agenda of sustainable development of farming and food systems. It intends to foster interactions between actors in science, practice and social movements, by facilitating knowledge sharing and action. It aims at the creation of an inclusive European community of professionals, practitioners and citizens engaged in agroecology.
The selected candidate will work for at least 2 years on three European projects.
Those projects are:
- “AE4EU” (Agroecology for Europe) – H2020 project
- AGROMIX – H2020 project
- LIFE Operating Grant for NGOs
YOUR ROLE & PROFILE:
ADMINISTRATION & MEMBERSHIP:
- Manage relation with providers: setting–up all contracts and follow-up of the activities of contracts related to admin and financial tasks;
- Organise and maintain contacts data bases;
- Dealing with the communication and information with potential new members and with current members.
COMMUNICATION & EVENTS:
- Organise meetings (in person or by conference calls) and manage calendars;
- Organisation of workshops and events;
- Preparation of letters, presentations, layouts of brochures and publications
- IT skills related tasks: ppt, excel, preferably also websites software (World Press)
- Looking for new members and maintaining good relations with existing ones;
- Support raising awareness and contribute to external communication on achievements using tools such as posters, brochures, presentations, website, newsletters, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business management and administration or related studies;
- A master on communication or public relations is a good advantage;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the fields related to this position;
- Knowledge about agroecology is an advantage.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to work autonomously;
- Well organised, flexible and open-minded;
- Good IT skills and communication tools knowledge & understanding;
- Flexible availability for events and other ad-hoc meetings in Brussels and Europe is needed;
- Knowledge and experience within the European context in Brussels will be highly considered;
- Excellent spoken and written English and French.
Length of contract and start: 2 years – 80% contract, starting January 2021
Please send your application (CV & cover letter) before 25th November 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org