Through a consultative process among its members, Agroecology Europe has developed its position on a number of crucial and challenging issues in the agricultural and food sectors.
The process started in 2017 during the 1st Agroecology Europe Forum held in Lyon (France) and was finalised after the 2nd Agroecology Europe Forum held in Heraklion (Greece) in September 2019.
The list is non exhaustive and could be further developed but those were considered as the most important ones.
- Biotechnology and genetic engineering in agriculture – click here !
- Use of agrochemicals (e.g. synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, growth regulators, antibiotics) – click here !
- Small-scale and peasant farming versus larger farms – click here !
- Local and short food circuits – click here !
- Technological innovations in agriculture – click here !
- Gender perspective – click here !
- Social Justice – click here !