Check out latest job Opportunities!
- 27/02/2023: Agroecology Europe is looking for a new financial and office manager!
We are looking for a motivated Financial and Office Manager to join our association located in Brussels starting in April 2023. The selected candidate will work for Agroecology Europe and support the team with financial management and organisation tasks of the association. If you are a well organised, autonomous person willing to work in an international context with motivated and dedicated team for more sustainable food systems, apply until the 24th of March. Find the full job description here.
- 15/01/2023: Call for Rural Resilience Project Coordinator at ARC2020
ARC2020 – The Agricultural and Rural Convention has worked on EU Rural Development Policy since the CAP reform 2010. Building on our long track record of engagement at local level, the “Nos Campagnes en Résilience” project (2020-2022) combined policy work with action research on the ground. ARC is now looking for a project coordinator to animate the Rural Resilience project (“Nos Campagnes en Résilience”) for the period 2023-2024. The project will be concentrated in France and at least one additional EU country.
For more information, check ARC2020 website.
- 30/11/2022: Internship – Master thesis proposition Mapping agroecology and initiatives in Belgium
In the frame of the project AE4EU, this Master’s thesis will aim at mapping Agroecology through a diversity of key informants and initiatives in Belgium.
Read the full description here.
- 15/10/2022: Agroecology Europe offering an internship position within the EU-funded AE4EU project
The H2020 Agroecology for Europe1 (AE4EU) aims to contribute to Agroecology research and innovation development through different strategic objectives and major avenues to reach them. The project aims at exploring the contribution of foundations in supporting agroecology across Europe. In the frame of the project AE4EU, this internship will aim at understanding the intervention strategies for agroecology in Europe from private foundations.
Read the full AE4EU internship description here.
- 21/10/2022: 3 positions are open for applications with the Secretariat of the Agroecology Coalition, based in Rome, Italy.
Agroecology Coalition Coordinator (Internationally recruited position)
Associate coordinator (Locally recruited position)
Communications Officer (Locally recruited position)
The deadline for application is the 21 October 2022.
- 18/07/2022 : Offer as Research Fellow at IDDRI on Sustainable Food Consumption
The main task of the Sustainable Food researcher in the ‘European Agriculture’ team is to construct and discuss scenarios for the evolution of food practices in order to contribute to the transition towards sustainable food systems. To this end, he/she works in close collaboration with the other researchers in the team who are interested in the other links in the agrifood chain (farms, agrifood industry, distribution), as well as with IDDRI’s “Lifestyles in Transition” team.
Learn more about IDDRI and the job description (in french
- 20/04/2022: Offer for freelance work – EMBAL international – Surveyors for EMBAL European-wide field surveys 2022
EFTAS (EFTAS Fernerkundung Technologietransfer GmbH is a leading German GeoIT service provider located in Münster) is running the EMBAL project with the Institute of Agro-ecology and Biodiversity (Ifab) for the European Biodiversity Monitoring. They will survey 3000 sites of 25 ha each across Europe from April to July this year. Therefore, they are looking for freelance surveyors for the EU 27 countries. Especially surveyors in France and Italy are still needed as well as in Spain and Portugal. Ideally, surveyors have some botanical experience. Students are welcome! Find out more information about the job offer and surveyor information.
- 20/04/2022: Research grant on gender dimension in water, energy, food and ecosystem Nexus. In the framework of the NEXUS-NESS project (Fair and Sustainable Resource Allocation Demonstrator of the Multiple WEFE Nexus Economic, Social and Environmental Benefits for Mediterranean Regions, https://prima-nexus-ness.org/), a 6 months research grant entitled “Gender dimension in water, energy, food and ecosystem (wefe) nexus in the Mediterranean” is open. Applicants must meet the following specific requirements:
a) Master’s degree or equivalent title of study obtained at foreign universities (see the call for futher details);
b) Possession of a scientific and professional curriculum suitable for carrying out the research activity
c) Adequate knowledge of the English language.
Deadline for application is 26/04/2022, 13:00 CET. Find the description: Descrizione_attività_ricerca ; and call for tender documents: bando_gender ; bando_gender_rettifica
- 01/02/2022: URGENCI is looking for a Movement Coordinator to stimulate deeper cooperation between member organisations, to participate in the coordination of projects involving member organisations and to build bridges for widening membership and visibility. Find out more about this position!
- 06/10/2021: The European Environmental Bureau has four new openings within their Nature cluster. They are looking for a Food Policy Officer , a Policy Officer on Pesticide and Water pollution , a Senior Policy Officer for Sustainable Development & Public Participation, and a Policy Officer for Renewable Energy.
Check out all opportunities to work with them on their website.
- 22/06/2021: One of our member is looking for a Bio-engineer/agronomist, agroecology advisor to accompany a large group of farmers, based in Wallonia (Belgium), transiting towards agroecological practices. If you want to give meaning to your life and get involved in an exciting project, this job offer is for you! Please click here for further information.
- 22/06/2021: In the framework of the EU project AGROMIX, INRAE and UMR Absys are offering a Phd position for a Thesis on “Probabilistic approach to the resilience of agroforestry systems to climate change by numerical modelling”. Please click here for further information on this Phd position.
- 01/04/2021: The Institut Agro – Montpellier SupAgro is looking for an editorial and scientific staff for the design of the book: “Le Memento de l’agroécologie” (6 months – fixed contract). Please find here the full job description.
- 20/01/2021: The ULB – Faculty of Sciences Bioengineering school in Brussels is looking for a full-time academic position in Agroecology and Crop/Soil microbiology, please click here for further information.