a great chance to visit agroecology in practice and connect with local farmers!
On the occasion of the Agroecology Europe Youth Forum 2022, two field trips to nearby farms and projects will be organisaed on Saturday 10th of September 2022, 09:00-13:00.
Ferme des Clos
“Alone we go faster, together we go further”
The Ferme des Clos is located in the Ile de France, in the south of the Yvelines, in the Regional Natural Park of the Haute Vallée de Chevreuse, in Bonnelles (20 min from Rambouillet).
The Ferme des Clos is a collective agriculture project, diversified and integrated on a human scale, based on the respect of the living. It represents 93 hectares of cultivated or wildlife land and 12 hectares of forest.
- The beekeepers, Pascal and Jérémie, raise 600 hives and create ten different honeys.
- Vincent, the sylvanier, plants open-air orchards and leads the agroforestry project.
- Cécile takes care of the production of small fruits.
- Romuald, a market gardener, produces vegetables in a short circuit.
- Pascal raises chickens and laying hens.
- Johann, the hop grower, produces seven varieties of hops on two hectares.
- Anton harvests birch sap, fresh pollen and royal jelly.
Daniel Evain’s Farm
After a first professional career as an agricultural engineer in the field of seeds, Daniel settled on part of the family farm in 2002 and developed market gardening alongside cereal production.
Daniel’s farm is established on 135 hectares, including 11 hectares of market gardening with cold shelters, managed in organic agriculture.
Daniel sells almost all of his market garden production directly through several AMAPs (Association pour le Maintien d’une Agriculture Paysanne – Community Supported Agriculture network in France) and a direct selling at the market.
Cereal production is sold through long circuits (wheat, triticale, alfalfa, barley, beans, sunflower, etc.).
The farm has created 7 full-time equivalents jobs.