2nd International Symposium on Work in Agriculture
March 29th–April 1st, 2021
Thinking the Future of Work in Agriculture
This second international symposium on Work in Agriculture is organized by the International Association on Work in Agriculture (IAWA), INRAE (National Institute for research on Agriculture, food and Environment), the UMR « Territoires» (Université Clermont Auvergne, Agroparistech, INRAE, Vetagro Sup) and the French Research, Education and Extension Network « Work in Agriculture ».
The 2nd ISWA “the future of work in agriculture” welcome 160 contributions from the 5 continents:
- covering 8 themes (employment; occupational health ; rural development ; gender issues; wage earners issues ; work organization ; work and farming models ; innovations)
- illustrating operational tools and field experiences coming from research, education and extension.
Plenary conferences will set the scene (state of play of work in agriculture at the world level, map of the scientific domains); deepen public policy and research contributions to favour decent work and accompany changes; explore the question of rural youth employment.
Experts will debate the changes in work, activities and employment in France. The participants will design, with a dedicated forum, a specific Scientific Committee contribution and a participatory session, the key research axes and the main recommendations to adress the future of work.
– IInd International Symposium on work in agriculture. March 29th – April 1rst 2021 Clermont Fd (France) https://symposium.inrae.fr/workinagriculture-iswa/
– International Association on Work in Agriculture : www.workinagriculture.com
– Dedieu, B. & Schiavi, S. (coord.) 2019 2019. Virtual issue « Insights on work in agriculture ». Agron. Sust. Dev., https://www.springer.com/journal/13593/updates/17536068
– Malanski P., Dedieu B., Schiavi S. 2021. Mapping the research domains on work in agriculture,. A bibliometric review from Scopus database. Journal of Rural Studies 81 (2021) 305–314 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrurstud.2020.10.050
– Dedieu B. 2019.Transversal views on work in agriculture. Cahiers Agricultures, 28, 8, https://doi.org/10.1051/cagri/2019008