Agroecology Europe (AEEU), the European association promoting agroecology in Europe, is seeking to hire a European Affairs Manager, who will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the association activities, working in conjunction with the Secretary General and the President.
80-100% Contract (pending on availabilities)
Starting: 1st February 2021
Work place: Brussels (Belgium)
The successful candidate will be hired on 80-100% contract, to provide support for the association day-to-day coordination and specific assistance for the association’s advocacy on all the topics addressed by the association through its executive committee, Board of Directors and its working groups (Youth Network, Biodiversity & Agroecology, and Education & Training).
- Drafting agendas, minutes and other AEEU documents (Board of Directors,Executive Committee, General Assembly, Working Groups, Alliances,…)
- Preparation and follow-up of meetings (Board of Directors, Executive Committee,General Assembly, Working Groups, Alliances,…)
- Organisation of travel, meetings and appointments
- Managing association’s finances and yearly reporting according to Belgian law
- Disseminating information to AEEU membership and recrutement of new members
- Updating and managing members’ intranet section
- Operating AEEU’s website and social media accounts (e.g. facebook, twitter and youtube channel)
- Organisation of webinars addressed to farmers and coordination with local organisers
- Drafting Newsletters
- Media monitoring
- Drafting position papers and analyzing documents together with the Secretary General, the President and the Board of Directors
- Respond to EU/national funding Call for proposals
- Coordination of various EU projects (e.g. Agromix, AE4EU,…) together with other staff members
- Coordination and participation to meetings/conferences/workshops organised together with alliances and coalitions associations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an educational background in agroecology, agricultural and food production and policy, European studies or political science
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English and a good knowledge in a second language (French/Spanish/German)
- Be pro-active and well-organised
- Have some experience of working for an industry association or EU institution
- Possess a working knowledge of the EU institutions
- Be comfortable with online media and new communication tools (including social media and wordpress)
- Be able to work autonomously and under time pressure if needed
- Have knowledge or previous experience with agricultural and food policy as an asset
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to Alain Peeters (firstname.lastname@example.org), at the latest by 15th of January 2021.
Please find here the full job description.