The Transformative Partnership Platform on Agroecology (TPP), together with co-hosts CIFOR-ICRAF, SEI, SIANI, SLU and UNEP, is happy to invite you to a Stockholm+50 associated event on ‘The scope for agroecology to support integrated implementation of the three Rio Conventions through food system transformation.’
Taking place on Monday, 30 May at 13:30pm – 15:00pm CEST, the event will explore how agroecology can help strengthen the implementation of the three Rio Conventions and beyond, and contribute to the achievement of the SDGs. It will also highlight how grassroots experience adds to achieving prosperity for all, while maintaining a healthy planet.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Fergus Sinclair, Co-convenor – Agroecology TPP, Co-coordinator – Agroecology Coalition and Chief Scientist, CIFOR-ICRAF
- Marie Jürisoo, Operations Director, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
- Elisabeth Simelton, Senior Policy Specialist – Agriculture, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Marcos Lana, Associate Professor, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and Secretary General of Agroecology Europe
- Monica Yator, Indigenous Women and Girls Initiative, Kenya
- Veronica Ndetu, Head of the Climate Change Unit, Ministry of Agriculture, Kenya
- Laura Scandurra, President of Board of Directors, Centro Agronómico Tropical de Investigación y Enseñanza (CATIE) Board of Directors
- Pat Mooney, IPES-FOOD
- Irish Baguilat, Asian Farmers Association
You can choose between online participation via Zoom or a physical one in Stockholm, Sweden or Nairobi, Kenya. Spaces for in-person attendance, however, are limited. Book your seat now!
To secure your spot in Stockholm or Nairobi, please complete the registration form at https://bit.ly/AgEc_Stock50 – we will be in touch with further details.
To take part via Zoom, please register via: shorturl.at/jqxQX